What to see?
- The Live Museum: Is a direct scene of the Canaries culture and traditions. The threshing with animals, making the bread in a traditional oven, the milking of the goats, the tasting of the milk with gofio or the making of cheese are some of the scenes that can be observed and appreciate. (Pre-appointment; telephone: 928.892425).
- Archaeological Complex of Los Caserones. In this complex was found a rich collection of wall paintings and idols of mud and rock that are still conserved at the Canaries Museum. At the present the Tumulo Funerario del Lomo de Saserones (La Aldea Beach) can be visited.
- The natural surroundings of this municipality are exceptional and have a variety of routs and tracks in which the beauty of the landscapes of the western area of Gran Canaria can be appreciated. The 90% of these landscapes are protected. And so, the Rural Park of Roque Nublo is the landscape with the more area protected in Gran Canaria, shared among the municipalities of Tejeda, La Aldea de San Nicolás de Tolentino, Mogán, San Bartolomé de Tirajana, Artenara, San Mateo, Valleseco and Moya. The emblematic Roque Nublo and representative of the island of Gran Canaria is found in this space.
- The integral Nature Reserve of Inagua. It’s a pinewood that covers the old mass of the centre-west of the island, with spectacular landscapes. Concerns to the municipalities of the Aldea, Mogán and Tejeda, and also is a protected area for special birds.
- The Special Nature Reserve of Güi-Güi has great landscapes values, covered with special vegetable species and with a special bird and marine fauna.